Web Archive‎ > ‎News 2016‎ > ‎

6.1 June 6 Bleat

posted 4 Jun 2016, 21:56 by Administrator Actvcc   [ updated 6 Jun 2016, 03:28 ]

Hello Vets,

In this week's Bleat;

• University of Canberra Research Institute for Sport and Exercise cycling study
  • Racing this Week
  • Race Reports

Please send me your contributions at: TheBleat@actvets.cc

Ian Morton

University of Canberra Research Institute for Sport and Exercise cycling study

My name is Kathleen Miles and I am a research student at the University of Canberra Research Institute for Sport and Exercise (UCRISE). I am wishing to recruit participants for my research study entitled ‘Detection of heart rate during exercise using video’. The study will be conducted at the UCRISE laboratory over the June/July period.

I am looking for healthy trained cyclists over the age of 18 to participate. The study will involve the completion of three incremental intensity exercise tests performed on a cycling ergometer. There will be one test each week for three weeks, and each test will require no more than 1 hour of the participants time. I have attached further official information and documentation regarding the research project.

Attached in this link are all of the documents relevant to the study to view and download. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wp1v7o7f32g08za/AAAOhtpAGJ39WxFFpLwhJsOla?dl=0

My contact details are in the Recruitment Flyer.

RACING THIS WEEK:

No racing this weekend (11th June, Queen's Birthday long weekend).

RACING NEXT WEEK:

Saturday, 18th June: Apollo Graded Scratch

Where:Travel to Tharwa, then left onto Naas Rd. (If via Gordon/Right if Via Tidbinbilla Road). Go past Namadgi visitors centre, Tennent hill, Turn Right onto Apollo road. Park on top of hill at disused tracking centre.
When: From 1:30 pm.
Sign on: 15 mins before scheduled start time wearing your registered number.
Race Description: The Apollo, Honeysuckle Creek Finish The Apollo--Honeysuckle Summit Finish Start at Apollo Road T junction. All grades turn at straight section opposite the aero model club. Sign on at the summit The Apollo--Classic mountain top finish scratch race. Race starts at Apollo Road T junction. All grades head back towards Tharwa, turn at the straight section opposite the aero model club, return along Naas Rd then climb to the top of Apollo Road.

RACE REPORTS:

Cotter Reserve – 4th June

Unfortunately, the rain set in on Saturday so the race was cancelled.